For Snowball Effect, the UT2004 mod that I worked on while at the Guildhall, I was technically the team lead/producer of the project, but necessity lead me to put on a programmers cap for a while and put level design on hold. While acting as the team lead was my primary responsibility, I spent most of my free time working with UnrealScript, coding whatever the programmers wanted to throw my way. I ended up scripting a good chunk of the weapons and GUI code, which allowed the programmers to focus on getting the more critical elements of the mod up and working correctly. In the end, I either created or worked on pieces of the following:
- The 5 base weapons (Rock Salt Gun, Coal Buster, Sand Mine Layer, Hot Poker Rifle, Combat Shovel)
- Flamethrower special weapon (sample code available >> here <<)
- Freeze Ray special weapon (visuals only)
- GUI code hooks for custom art assets
- Character select screen (initial, rough version)
- Misc emitters and effects
While I did help out as much as possible, the two programmers on the project (Keith Blackstone and Walter Lucman) did the majority of the hard work.